Tips to help you Plan your Storage Space
- Place those items that you need to access often in the front of the unit.
- Leave a small space around the perimeter of your storage unit to aid circulation.
- Look Up! Utilise all of the space available to you, including the height.
- Stack the lighter boxes on top of the heavier boxes.
- Don’t over-pack cartons or they will be too hard to lift.
- If tables won’t disassemble, place a mat or protective plastic on the ground and lay the tabletop face down on the floor with the legs pointing up.
- Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard, blankets or plastic covers to protect against dust.
- Don’t place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Never lay paintings or mirrors flat.
- Ensure they are wrapped or placed in proper picture/mirror cartons.
- To ensure safe storage: Do not store anything combustible.
- i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint etc.
- Do not store any living things (including plants), or perishable goods (especially foodstuffs).
- Empty petrol from the mowers, whipper snipper etc.
- Ensure gas bottles are empty and BBQ or cooking surfaces are clean.
1.5 metre by 1.5 metre unit
Suitable for a large room of belongings.
1.5 metre by 3 metre unit
Suitable for 2-3 rooms worth of belongings.
Could store the entire contents of a small one bedroom apartment.
3 metre by 3 metre unit
Would store all the contents of a small home or two bedroom apartment. This is one of the most commonly used Self Storage unit sizes.